Friday, July 16, 2010

Life Is Worth Living For... Heels

The greatest job in the world, for me, would be to be the bad guy in pro wrestling. You go up there, cut a promo insulting the audience, your bosses and co-workers, cheat and hit people with large objects, and go on to do it another day. It's the perfect job for people with frustration and anger issues, as you get to get violent, but safe violent. You can bitch and scream to your heart's content, and it only makes you more capable at your job.

Chris Jericho is perhaps one of the more recognizable faces today. He's been on reality competitions, TMZ, and is now the host of Downfall on ABC. This is when he's decided that enough was enough, and it was time to ram someone's head into a flat-screen monitor.


Before emo, there was grunge, and between the two cultures, Raven lives. This guy was my hero in high school, because who doesn't feel like an outcast in high school, whether you were one or not? I've also actually met this guy on two separate occasions, in a Waffle House and comic shop. No wonder I liked the guy.


My current favorite has to be "The Straight-Edge Superstar" CM Punk. First, the long hair and beard look badass, not to mention the G.I. Joe tattoo. He actually runs somewhat near the Jericho "I'm better than you" attitude, but skews more towards insane cult leader and arrogant lifestyle advocate. I love the way he mocks the audience.


There will be an unenlightened few who have no idea who any of these people are. A few more of you might know who Andy Kaufman is, star of Taxi and the most famous heel in history.


And to those of you that roll your eyes and challenge my intellect, I will just assume that you are among the special, anointed few who have never watched a reality show, a family sitcom, or anything on MTV or VH1. In that case... nice to meet you, Harold Bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment